Tuesday, August 20, 2013

   Have been spending time with friends these past couple of days, so there hasn't been a whole lot of extra time to sit down and write anything lately. Two days ago my best friends, Tom and Donna, took off for Yosemite Park in California in order to start their backpacking/hike of the whole John Muir Trail. At slightly more than 200 miles it should take them until the end of the first week in September to finish it. In the mean time they left me in charge of their house, dog and two cats..... foolish, very foolish people. :)

   I also had a very good friend of mine fly in on Sunday afternoon and the plan is for her to stay here at the house and explore fun things in and around Denver and some of the other parts of the state with me. To that end we have spent time stand up paddle boarding and kayaking here at the lake as well as exploring the Washington Park area of the city where I grew up. Today we spent a wonderful couple of hours having brunch with George and Marge and one of their kids and grand kids. It was fun to see Carla and Candice again after so many years. I just wish I could of seen Alvis and Cole this morning also.

    This afternoon Rima and I went over to the Denver Natural History Museum and spent several pleasant hours exploring various exhibits there. We took in the gem and mineral section and a new one for me, a human health section, as well as doing a short show in the planetarium.

    It was late afternoon before we emerged again into the heat of the day. Having gone long enough with out nourishment it was time to go find some real food again. We ended up over at the 'Perfect Landing', a restaurant located out at the Arapaho Airport. Good food and a great view of all of the private planes and jets landing and taking off made for a very pleasant meal. We both had more food than we could eat, so maybe some eggs and prime rib for breakfast in the morning.

   Watched the sun go down out by the lake as I threw Rhodie's ball to her until she was pretty worn down. Either that or my are was finally starting to hurt. Tomorrow we are going to try for an early start as we are headed down to my ancestral home, Rye Colorado, in order to see my grandparents old homestead and the first house I ever lived in. Will also take some time to swing around through the mountains down there and visit San Isabel Lake and Bishops Castle. Should be fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment