Thursday, March 5, 2015

  One final full day here in the middle of Florida. Will be packing up the trailer this evening and tomorrow morning and be on the road north before noon.... if it all goes well anyway.
   I finished up going through the last of my magazines and now have them all ready to be given away, or what remains of them, thrown out. That should save me a good 10+ pounds in the trailer. Not an unsubstantial amount if you have to tow it for 600-700 miles. Also got the truck positioned and ready to hook up in the morning as well as put the towing mirrors back on. Tomorrow I'll finish draining the tanks and hook everything up and then try to back the whole thing out of here without falling into the canal that is on either side.
   Took one last run into the town of Gainsville to pick up a few last minute things and fill the trucks gas tank up. I also stopped in one last time at El Tienda for a late lunch. Today I made do with a scallop burrito. It is so-o-o good, but surprisingly not my favorite. For that it is still a toss up between pulled goat and/or beef cheek. But then everything I have ever eaten there has been pretty darn good.
   One really neat thing today is that I sync'd up my new phone with my GPS system, (Emma), in the truck. Hadn't really thought to try it while I had a separate Bluetooth ear bud, but once that one went swimming, along with my old phone, it was time to find a new one just in case I need it while on the road. It turns out that the GPS one works wonderfully and even sounds better than the old one did to anyone I am talking too. The only thing too still check out is if it will answer the phone okay and whether or not I have to keep the volume on high all of the time. Guess I'll find out most of that in the next couple of days.
    Here are a few more photos from my trip over to Wakulla Springs last month. Right now though I need to finish this up and then go and do some more packing.


Wakulla Spring State Park boat ride with Rima
February 2015 - Part II




I love all of these trees with the Spanish moss on them.

A nice little White Ibis hunting for lunch.

One of many wild alligators there along the spring run.

Right behind Rima is where all the water comes out of the ground. As a Class A spring this one spews forth a minimum of 10 million gallons of water a day. This one actually flows even more than that most of the time. But it is hard to believe that a whole river of water can come out of one hole in the ground.

Here you can get an idea of how much water is flowing out of the ground. This whole river, which is maybe 4'-6' deep on average at this point, is located just a couple hundred yards down from where it comes out of the ground.

A Little Blue Heron.

An adult White Ibis and what I think are juvenile ones.

Several hundred Black Vultures call the park home during the winter.

A nice little water turtle.

Rima and I also took a short walk out through the forest after the boat ride. Here we are standing on a bridge over another much smaller spring run.

More Cypress Knees.










brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment