Saturday, March 7, 2015

   Two long days of driving have taken me out of the middle of Florida and dropped me down in mid Virginia near the town of Floyd. Along the way I exchanged sunny, 80 degree weather, thou it was cloudy and cooler on the day I left, for 45-50 degrees and snow on the ground.
   Yesterday when I left it was cloudy with rain all day long while I drove north through Georgia and S. Carolina. That was okay though because it meant not having to turn the air conditioner on like I had been doing in the Gainsville area. It was rather chilly last night though while I was parked in the rest area just south of Charlottesville. I ended up throwing an extra sleeping bag on the bed as well as putting socks and a t-shirt on. Even then it was a little bit cold, especially this morning when I woke up and had to scrape ice off of the windshield before getting back on the road.
    It was a pleasant enough day today. Only around 45-50 for most of it, but the sun was shining and as long as the wind wasn't blowing too hard it was comfortable enough being out in it.
    I pulled into Rima's place around 5:00 and got the trailer parked and unhooked from the truck. Emptied the fridge and freezer out and grabbed a basket full of clothes before the sun went down. I've been hanging out and waiting for Rima to get here since then. She's on a bus somewhere between Christiansburg and D.C. right now, as she had taken a trip up to NYC this last week to see one of her ex-brother-in-laws give a piano performance at the Lincoln Center, and then get married to his partner the next day. Her original ETA was suppose to be around 3:30 a.m., but the Mega-Bus had some mechanical problems so now it is any bodies guess as to when she will arrive. I wish I could stay up until she made it home but I'm tired so it's time to go take a real shower and then get some sleep.


brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment