Monday, March 26, 2012

   Day two and it still seems odd to be doing this.... Spent most of the day hanging out around the downtown area of Greenville. Drove over to the zoo first and visited that... I'm not much of a zoo person, and this one wasn't a real great one, but there is always something at them to keep me interested.

   From there I walked up the 'Swamp Rabbit Trail' along the Reedy River and into Fall River Park in downtown Greenville. Very nice trail and park and the most amazing pedestrian suspension bridge I've ever seen. Will try to post some pictures of it once I figure out how to do that.

    May as well say a little bit about my 'usual' routine around here. Most mornings I get up somewhere between 9-10 am. I make no apologises for this, I spent way to many years getting up at 4, 5 or 6 am and I'm just tired of it if I don't have to. Besides, my normal circadian rhythm seems to work out to be more nighttime sided. I rarely get to bed any time before midnight and often it isn't until 1 or 2 pm.

   But I digress; once up and showered there is usually a breakfast of cereal and milk, with a banana, and maybe an english muffin. At least once a week I cook some kind of breakfast, pancakes, french toast or my favorite, some type of stir-fried breakfast burrito. That way I can use up any left over veggies and other stuff that needs to be eaten. While eating, I check email, FB and then read the comics on the computer. It's a pleasant way to wake up in the morning. Afterwards I can get on with what ever it is that is planned for the day. Sometimes this means a road trip somewhere, sometimes a hike or bike ride and sometimes nothing more than sitting around, preferably outside, with a good book. It is a hard life as they say, but I'm willing to take it on if I must. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment