Thursday, March 29, 2012

    Pretty easy day for me today. I love waking up to the sound of the water flowing by outside and lately all the birds singing in the trees. After breakfast and a shower it was off to take a short walk along the river here near the RV camp. There is a small riverside park only a mile or so down river so it was an easy walk there, around the park and then back. Nice morning to observe the caddis flies hatching on the river. Something was certainly slurpping them down, but couldn't really tell what.

     This little cabin is just down the road from where I'm camping and is about 100' back from the river. I love the native field stone it is made of, and while I know the moss on the roof isn't a good thing, I still love the look of it.


    Lot's of trees and bushes in bloom right now. These are just some common crab apple blossoms, but they looked pretty and smelled even better.


    It was time for lunch when I got back, so I ate, read my book and took a nap. I wanted to kill a little time before heading on into the downtown area of Asheville, but it worked a little to well though as it was nearly 5:00 when I woke up, so then it was on to plan 'B'. Ate a little dinner, got dressed and headed off to the local Thursday night contra dance up at Warren Wilson College. Got there just in time and even found the right building on campus, though it was probably by accident. It is a beautiful college all spread out on top of a hill north and east of Asheville in Swanannoa, have never heard anything about it, but liked the looks of it for some reason. Good turn out for the dance this evening, they had a special band in from the NE, Atlantic Crossing, and the caller was Diane Silver. Being at a college there were again a whole lot of young dancers there. There were a few more older, more experienced dancers though so it worked out a bit better than the last dance at Fall River. Also ran into a couple of people there I hadn't seen for a while, one was Robyn who I last danced with down on St Croix. Another was Jan whom I danced with at the Gypsy Meltdown dance a couple of weeks ago. There were a lot of others I at least knew by sight so it was a lot of fun to be able to walk into a dance and know a dozen or more dancers there.

   Going to post a few things, read my book a bit and then hit the rack. Even with the nap I'm still tired. Must be all that good exercise and dancing I did today.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment