Tuesday, August 14, 2012

    Had to be up and out the door early this morning, a ton of errands to run and not enough daylight in the day. First stop was in Longmont to hook the trailer up and tow it over to the RV center. Need to have the wheel bearings all checked out and replaced if needed as well as have the breaks checked while they are doing that. My guess is that I'll end up with new ones of each, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

    Took an hour or so to stop by the storage unit afterwards and drop off some of the camping gear that was used for last weeks river trip. Also had some odds and ends I forgot to drop off last time, so those went in today also. Of course there were a couple additional things that should of went in as well, but were forgotten because I didn't check every seat in the truck before leaving the site. Duh!

   Next stop was the vehicle smog check place to get the truck 'smogged'. For those of you that don't know what that is, you have to take your car or truck in every two years in certain Colorado counties and have it tested to see if it is still meeting EPA pollution standards. Not all that onerous of a deal, and I'm actually glad this area does it because I remember what it was like to grow up in Denver in the 70's and have worst pollution than Los Angeles on most days during the winter. The only problem for me is that you need this certificate in order to get your license plates renewed. Since I plan on being somewhere way down south when my plates come due in December it was causing me quite a quandary about what to do. The solution though is what I did today, go get the smog certificate today and then mail it in with your renewal form in December. Since the certificate is good for two years I should be home free this year.

   Really need a haircut again as it has been several weeks since the last one, but forgot that it was Monday and my regular guys were going to be off today. So I drove on back to Littleton instead and finally got the truck cleaned up. Took it to a place my friend suggested and had them do it. I usually do it myself at one of those spray-hosey kind of bay places, but it usually costs me a good $20+ to do it, nearly an hour of my time and it still doesn't look all that great. Here I paid $30 and it looks and smells great. I think I have found one more chore that I am going to have to outsource to someone else from now on.

   It was 'boys night out at the movies' afterwards and George, Tom and I went to see a movie that came out while Tom and I were on the river, 'Total Recall'. Actually much better than I thought it would be and even better than the original one. Plenty of gratuitous sex and violence, good chase scenes and even a bit of a plot. Afterwards it was off to Red Robin for our usual drinks and food all served up by our favorite waitress Emily. Lots of good conversation about river trips, the Olympics and even some politics. A very nice evening all in all.

    Have moved out of Tom and Donna's place for a bit and am now over annoying Marge and George again. None of them will admit it of course, but at some point all guests start to feel and smell like 3 day old fish. Next year when it is time to revisit Colorado I'll have to figure out some way to do it without becoming such a burden on all of my friends.

   No photos tonight. Got started sorting the next days pictures from the river trip, but ran out of time to get them all done and posted today. Perhaps tomorrow. For now though I believe I'll call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment