Wednesday, April 23, 2014

    It seems as though spring may have finally arrived here in upper Virginia. Yesterday was in the high 60's with just a little bit of a rain shower in the late afternoon. I have been spending my time cleaning out the wood shed outside of Rima's house lately. It has rotted out to the extent that the back wall and roof have actually started to fall down. Starting the day before yesterday I shifted all of the wood that was still usable into the basement where it could stay dry and be used up as needed. I then proceeded to wheel out one wheel barrow full of old bark, sticks and twigs and dirt, after another. It all went out onto an already large pile of limbs that I had cleaned up from the trees around the house, all 22 wheel barrows full. It is now nearly empty, only a little more dirt to haul out, and I'll soon be able to start removing the sheathing off of the back wall.
   I spent an hour yesterday researching a new nail gun that I wanted to buy. I have several of them back in Colorado, along with hoses and air compressor and fittings of course, but they aren't doing me any good sitting back there in storage. So I went on line to check out this new 'Dewalt' nail gun that I had heard of. It is all battery powered instead of needing an air compressor and hose. So much easier to use and in the long run, maybe even cheaper. Although the initial cost is still steeper than one would like. Anyway, long story short.... I ordered one up and it should be here in a couple of days. So I just need to finish up with my deconstruction and then go and get some wood, nails and assorted fittings.
    Met up with Rima later on last night and we went out to dinner at a friend of hers house. Got to finally meet Marla and her husband John, and had a real nice dinner of homemade beans and ham, with grilled cheese and turkey sandwiches. There was wine and beer and moonshine to drink, so it was a raucous good time.
   Going to meet up with Rima for lunch today and then come back and work around the place a little bit. The dryer repair guy is suppose to show up this afternoon at some point. I sure hope so as I'm down to the last couple of pairs of socks and shorts. Time to get started.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment