Thursday, March 13, 2014

   A good day overall yesterday. After finally catching up on this blog it was time to head out for some shopping in Blacksburg. I needed to go out and find some fencing materials that I had failed to pick up last time I was out. So onto  Tractor Supply where I picked up wire tensioners, a couple short straps for hooking around posts and then onto my come-alongs, a couple of other fencing tools and assorted other odds and ends. The one thing I didn't get though was a couple of baby chickens, even though they had bunches of them there at the store... and they were so-o-o cute.


    From there it was on to Lowes where I had noticed that they had a Dewalt 12" sliding miter saw with stand on sale the last time I had been in. Using some work I plan to do around Rima's place as an excuse, it was too much for me not too have one. So I bought it. So now that I have all this stuff, I guess it will be time to actually go out and do some work.


   Of course the weather is holding me up right now. Yesterday it was pouring down rain for a lot of the day and super windy. There was even a 80'-100' pine tree that came down just below the house. It certainly made a lot of noise, and it's going to be a real pain to clean up, as it fell right on two other trees that had broken down before.


    Last night it snowed again. Only about an inch though, and the sun is now shining and melting it all. But it did mean that Rima could stay home and work here this morning. Most of the snow is gone though so we are going to head into town and have lunch at Natasha's. I'm hoping that by the time I get back here it will be clear and warm enough that I can get outside and get some work done. Mostly it is just to cold out because of all of the wind. Will just have to wait and see I guess.







No comments:

Post a Comment