Friday, March 14, 2014

    Yesterday felt extremely cold to me for some reason. Not sure if it was the actual temperature, which was only 23 degrees or so, the higher humidity back here, or all of the wind that felt like it was coming right off the polar ice cap. Or maybe it was all of the above. The only thing I know is that it felt too cold to really want to be outside much.... so I wasn't. Instead I spent some of the morning dealing with changing my address with all my banking, credit card and other important entities. Does everyone else out there know what it is like to try to log into a bank web site you haven't looked at for more than 5 years? Of course I don't know my ID number, or pin, or secrete handshake or anything else. It finally got done though, and I hope it is all done, for the time being at least.


    That is not to say that I stayed indoors the whole day. Around noon the truck and I headed into Floyd to have lunch with Rima. We wanted to go to Natasha's, but when we got there it was an abrupt disappointment to find out that Natasha's is 'no more'..... as in gone, kaput, out of business! What a bummer! Not sure what is going on with that, but am sure the story will all come out at some point.


   So we went to Micky G's instead.... not that it is a bad thing to do, the food is great, but we were hoping for Natasha's. I had a basic calzone with the sausage and pepperoni and veggies and hot melted ricotta all covered with home made sauce.... it's like a little piece of heaven right here in Virginia. Rima had some kind of smothered steak with mushrooms and stuff and panzeratti off the special menu. It was also very tasty.


    I headed back to the house thinking it was time to actually do my taxes, but even though it was still cold, it was very sunny outside, so that is where I wanted to be. Grabbed the pruning shears and headed out to the lee side of the house to clean up some branches that had been dropped there. Got all of them cut up and disposed of as needed and also cleaned up some other fallen stuff. I even braced some fence up that was falling down. Will have to actually deal with it in a more permanent manner at some point, but at least now the horses can't just step over it.


    A good meal last night and then a good nights sleep. Today looks good for actually getting outdoors and getting some work done. So time to get out there and start digging post holes again.



No comments:

Post a Comment