Saturday, March 15, 2014

    Built more fence yesterday afternoon, as it turned out to be warm enough to be outside again.
With any luck I'll even get out there and do some more work this afternoon, though yesterday was a bit frustrating. First on the list of frustrations was my cordless drill pooped out on me. It could of been because of all the water that leaked in on it when the roof in the trailer, remember I live in a trailer most of the time, was still leaking over my bed. So it leaked in on my drill, never a good thing to happen on electrical or electronic stuff, and now it doesn't work so good. Who would of thought!


    The basic problem then became an inability to drill holes in the ends of brace posts for support pins to fit in. I managed to get one pin set in a couple of inches before the drill died, so then it was a matter of swinging a sledge hammer a bazillion times before I could drive it on in the rest of the way. So today I'm off to the big city again in order to find a new cordless drill. I think this time though that I'll go with a larger 18-25 amp one that also has a hammer drill feature. Cuz I'm a guy and we use any excuse we can find, to go out and buy more power tools.


    Second on my list of frustrations yesterday, was digging one of the post holes down to 2'-6" deep and then running into the hardest hard-pan I've ever encountered. I even went and got a bucket of water and poured it in, and that didn't even help. In fact the water was still in the hole more than two hours later, but the bottom was still hard as could be, and no, it isn't a rock. Will check it out again first thing this afternoon, but it may be that I settle for that depth, and then end up cutting the top off by 6 inches.


   Met up with Rima after she was done with work last night, and we ended up going to dinner at a place called 'Good Fellows'. I had a very nice cheese burger and she had fish tacos. The nice thing was they had a couple musicians playing while we ate that were a lot of fun to listen to. Afterwards it was back to the house and time for a short little walk before heading indoors for the rest of the night. But now it's time to get out in the sunshine.


  

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if you remember meeting me, I'm a friend of Rima's. I've enjoyed reading your blog, especially your lovely photos.

    Natasha's is closed due to tax problems. The Moonlight Lounge is operating out of that space now, probably with Natasha cooking. BTW it's the Jacksonville Center for the Arts. And I'm guessing Good Fellows is Oddfellows Cantina, they have music many nights. Welcome back to winter's last gasps we hope.

    ReplyDelete