Thursday, March 27, 2014

   It stayed cold and snowy pretty much all day yesterday. There was a little time there right at the end where it actually got warm enough to melt some of the snow and turn everything muddy. Rima and I both went out for an hour or so and fed the horses and walked out to the mailbox. I even had enough energy to hand saw part of a tree that over hung the deck off. The best part is that I managed to cut it off with out dropping it on either the house or the wood shed. Still need to go back and clean up the cut, but I'll break out the chainsaw for that.  It'll be easier and cleaner that way.


   Otherwise it was to cold and wet to be outside for long. I hung out inside all evening and finished downloading photo's from the trip to Memphis. I screwed up and didn't take my camera with me when we walked into town, so I only had the phone to take pictures with. Not a big deal until it comes time to download them. With more than 90 photos it took some time to e-mail them all to myself one at a time and then download them to a separate file. That now leaves me with sorting and then cropping some of them, but with any luck there will even be a few posted here at some point.


    A nicer day outside today so I need to get outside and enjoy some of it while I can. There are trees to cut up and more fence posts to plant, but first on the list will be checking out the truck. I'm pretty sure I managed to blow a couple of fuses this last weekend, so that now 2 of the 3 cigarette lighter ports are no longer working. Since I plug in phones, GPS, radios as well as a DC to AC inverter, I really need to get them back up and working.


   Also need to just check the truck over and see that every thing is still running and filled up as needed. We will be heading out again  tomorrow morning. This time we are headed for Cincinnati and another weekend contra dance. Looking forward to dancing hard again, and there are likely to be more people that we know at this dance. Will not be taking the computer again as there never seems to be any time to do anything with it even if I do take it. So I'll be off line again until at least Sunday night if not Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment