Wednesday, February 19, 2014

   A really pleasant day here in Florida today. The temperature crept up into the lower 80's with a nice blue sky and fluffy white clouds. I spent a pleasant morning here in the campground listening to the birds in the trees. I even took a little bit of a walk early on just to get out and get moving. It was only over to the nearby lake, and I didn't see much in the way of wildlife along the way, other than quite a few birds.


    Ran a few errands in town this afternoon. I had broken my cooking timer last week by dropping it one to many times on the floor. It finally just sat there blinking 3:42 minutes at me and I couldn't get it to reset or even run out the rest of the time on it. Stopped by the Target store and found a replacement for the timer and also found a food thermometer that may come in handy. I guess now I just need to cook a meal or two and try them both out.


    Also picked up a couple of packages of tortillas and some new English muffins for breakfast while there. About the only other thing of note is that I found a complete set of 143 TV episodes of the original 'The Adventures of Robin Hood'. They are all in black and white and I think it will be a hoot to watch a few of them once in awhile.


     Speaking of movies; I drove over to the local movie theatre after shopping and watched the new movie 'The Monuments Men'. A movie based on a true story of a couple of guys, mostly artist types, who were tasked with finding and returning some of the art works that the Nazi's stole during WWII. Very entertaining and a great cast that included George Cloony, Matt Damien, Bill Murry and John Goodman among others.


   This evening included filling out some applications for future weekend dances. So far Rima and I are signed up for the 'Palmetto Bug Stomp' in Charleston, SC and the 'White Water Whirl' in Fayetteville, WV. There are still others to sign up for, but some of them haven't opened up for application yet and many of them require you to print out a registration form and mail it in. While I do have a printer here in the trailer just for that reason, I'm letting Rima take care of some of those applications.


     Other than that it has been pretty slow this evening, just sitting here reading a couple of magazines and a book. There are a few more photo's posted below. These are a continuation of the ones that I posted last night. All are from a trip to Wakulla Springs State Park back on the 1st of February.


Wakulla Springs State Park - Feb 1, 2014 (part 2)







A bunch of White Ibis.

A rather impish smile from Rima

I really liked these four cormorants sitting out in the river on some old cypress knees.

I hope you can see this photo well enough to note the pattern of feathers on these birds.

One of many Great Blue Herons seen that day.

It really feels like a jungle with all the Spanish moss hanging off of the trees.

A Common Moorhen, also known as a Candy Corn bird for good reason.

More turtles.


Rima

Another Common Moorhen.

White Ibis.

A Closer view of a male Hooded Merganser.


One last view of a Common Moorhen.




















No comments:

Post a Comment