Sunday, February 23, 2014

   Started in raining again sometime this morning, and it has been grey and wet for most of the day. I was up and going around mid morning and managed to make it in for the last session of dancing before it was all over with. Like most 'last' sessions in a dance weekend, this one was better than the rest of the dance. Rather hard to do since all the other dancing was pretty fantastic also. But the bands really hit their stride and the people who came were all ready to dance hard.


   Rather sad to say goodbye to some of my friends here. I really like this little dance group here in the middle of the state. But the plan is to be on the road north tomorrow morning. So I hopped into the truck after the dance ended and ran over to the grocery store for a few items I'll need in the next couple of days. Once done there I thought it would be nice to go eat an early dinner over at my favorite Mexican restaurant, La Tienda, since I won't be eating there again for many, many months. I ordered up one of the few types of burritos I had yet to sample, their one with scallops and shrimp. Yum! It was indeed a really good burrito, but I actually think there are others, carna asada and chivo (goat), are better. I'm not complaining though. It was nice to sit there for awhile, read my magazine and eat everything there was topped with their home made red and green salsa.


    Spent the evening just hanging out here in the trailer since it is still raining outside. I watched an old movie DVD that I had, Van Helsing, and read some more of my magazines. I found the movie okay the 2nd time around, the first being many, many years ago. Not fated to be one of the better vampire movies, but maybe a little bit better than most people say it was. If nothing else Kate Beckinsale in tight black leather pants isn't to hard to take. Or for that matter, neither is Hugh Jackman. ;)


    As I said earlier, I'll be heading north in the morning as long as it isn't raining to hard to hook up. If it is I may just have to stay another day if I can. But I think it will be fine and I'll be on my way to Savannah for a few days. However, I think there is still time to read a couple more chapters right now though and then its off to bed for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment