Saturday, February 1, 2014

   It finally warmed up in a big way today. 82 degrees out there this afternoon with lots of sunshine to go with it. Of course there was also the random rain storm that blew through once in a while, but it just made the day feel brighter.


   I was up around mid morning because it was about 2:30 last night before I finally went to bed. Just to much to do and see I guess, though most of it involved watching a movie and reading my latest book. I guess I missed posting anything from yesterday, mostly because it wasn't all that exciting. It was warmer yesterday, but still raining more than I cared for. Having little to do other than read and watch movies, I did managed to try a new recipe last night that will probably become one of my regular batch. This one was a stove top chicken fricassee that uses one pan, a small bowl, a plate and various knives and forks and tongs. So just about perfect for a small kitchen like mine. I used boneless/skinless chicken thighs, but breasts would work well, and I found that they probably don't need to be boneless or skinless. Anyway; only a few ingredients, onion, garlic, etc, the main ingredient being about a pound of cremeanie (sp) mushrooms. I did add in some capers that I had in the fridge right at the last, because I always like capers. But I don't think I would do that again as it made it taste to salty for me. It did end up tasting pretty good even with them in though, with about half of it being eaten last night, and the other half late this morning.


   Had to go do my laundry this afternoon so that all my clothes would be ready to go if I need to pack any of them for my trip to St Croix this next week. So clean clothes, towels and linens. It's going to feel good to climb into bed tonight. I have found that after a couple of days or so in this climate, all the bed linens feel a bit clammy from all the humidity. But they feel nice and cool and dry for the first couple of days after washing and drying them.


   My girl friend Rima is flying into town tomorrow afternoon so I am vary excited about that. She will be staying here for a couple of days and then we are both flying over to the week long contra dance week on the island of St Croix. Really looking forward to spending some time just laying on the beach in the sun, watching the water out front with the pelicans and frigate birds soaring above. Also ready to spend some time snorkeling again, it has been a year since the last time I did any of that. Better head off to bead right now though.





No comments:

Post a Comment