Monday, February 24, 2014

   Up early and on my way north this morning.... after I finally escaped the retired guy at the campground who wanted to explain to me his whole philosophy of life. It was actually quite entertaining, but he could of stuck around long enough once he was done talking to help me hook up the trailer. :)


    A very pleasant day to drive. Rather cool and grey this morning and then switching into a wonderfully sunny and warm afternoon as I headed north into Georgia. My goal was Skidaway State Park just south and east of Savannah. Only a little more than 200 miles from where I started out, so not too far of a drive. Took my time and loafed along and still made it into the campground by 5:30 this evening. There were plenty of empty spots for me here, and they even found one open for the whole 7 nights that I wanted. Pulled into my spot and got all unhooked, and then, because it was still light out, and because I was tired of sitting, I grabbed the binocs and camera and headed out on a short hike. Actually turned into a little longer hike than it was at first meant to be, nearly 5 miles in all. But it was a nice evening out and the trail was interesting as it twisted around the salt marsh and swamps here by the river.  Got back to the trailer just as it was getting dark though. They warn about being out on the trails at night around here. I imagine it is mostly because of the gators and bears in the area. But they also have water moccasins, copper heads, rattle snakes and wild pigs. None of which I really want to do battle with in the dark.


    Warmed up some hot chili and had a couple cheese wraps for dinner and then a really nice red pear for dessert. Not much going on this evening. Watched some more Robin Hood videos from the 1950's. I am sure these were the ones we use to watch on the old black and white TV the family had back when I was a kid, because I recognize the theme song they sing at the close of every show. It's quite a hoot watching these vintage shows. It isn't so much that the acting is bad, but the sword fighting is atrocious. You would of thought that even way back then they would of had someone hired who would teach them some basic moves. They keep doing this behind the back thing that is just appalling. Not only does it look really fake, but anyone with half a brain could stab poor Robin before he could ever get turned around again.


   Into the city tomorrow to see what the is to see. I have my sights set on a maritime museum and some time just wandering the streets looking at all the cool houses and other buildings. So off to bed for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment