Friday, February 21, 2014

   Woke up to rain on the trailer roof this morning. It sounded pleasant enough that it soon had me back to sleep again for another hour or two. Not hard to do since I was up until after 3:00 a.m. last night reading my book and the rain started around 8:00 this morning.


    The rain kept up, sometimes as a downpour, until late in the afternoon. It was okay though since I slept in pretty late this morning. Had a pleasant time eating brunch and reading the comics and doing the crossword puzzle. I also spent time this afternoon reading more of my book. It's a new one, to me, by Lee Child and is one of his Jack Reacher series. They have a way of sucking me in and not letting me quit reading when I need to. I picked it up yesterday afternoon and finished it up this evening at dinner. At nearly 500 pages it was a fun and totally engrossing book. Very much like all of his that I have read so far.


    I took off from the trailer around 6:00 this evening and ran into Gainsville for some dinner before the dance started. Thought I'd go have a burrito at my favorite restaurant, La Tienda, and read the last couple of chapters in my book. Almost didn't make it since the restaurant was packed when I got there. But I finally managed to order my favorite carne asada burrito and find a table to sit down at. Really good food and plenty of it for an attractive price. Less than Chipoltle and so much better tasting.    


    Just finished up the first night of contra dancing at the 'GODS' dance weekend here in Gainsville a little while ago. Started out at 8:00 p.m. with the band 'Steam Shovel' playing and 'Cis Hinkle' doing the calling. Great fun right from the first notes. I'm still a little surprised at how many people know me down here these days. I guess hanging around for several months over 3-4 years might do it though. Still, I found myself having to be on my toes just to remember names of people who seemed to know me.


   The 2nd half had the 'Latter Day Lizards' playing with 'Dana Parkinson' doing the calling. Seemed like the whole experienced jumped up another notch at that point. No doubt that the Lizards are a great band to dance to, but Dana, who is somewhere in her early to mid? 20's has really become a good caller in the last year or so. Lots of fun and it seemed like no time at all before the first night was over.


   A nice drive back to the campground and now a pleasant hour or so to come down from the 'contra dance high' before heading for bed. Tomorrow is going to be another great evening of dance. Who knows, I may even go in tomorrow afternoon and dance then too.





No comments:

Post a Comment