Friday, January 31, 2014

   Have to admit that it was almost boring here today. This was the 4th morning of waking up to cold temperatures outside and rain on the roof. By cold I mean it never got much above 40 today. So I spent most of the day inside, just as I did for most of yesterday. Some of that was taken up with reading various books and magazines, some in cleaning up the place a little bit and some in watching nearly endless YouTube videos about anything I thought might be of interest. Yesterday it was more movies about how to prune trees, mostly fruit trees, and bushes. While today I watched a whole series on how to safely cut down trees, cook chicken fricassee, and how to install DCC sound decoders in a couple HO scale locomotives I bought long before DCC was so prevalent.


    However; yesterday I ended up escaping for a little while in order to finally go and track down a 2014 calendar for the trailer. Found one in the Barnes and Noble store down in Ocala that should work. It is another sailboat one and it cost less than $5 since it is nearly February already.  Also went and bought one more floor rug for the trailer while out and about. This one is only 2'x3', but it fits very well at the foot of the bed and kind of fills in where the other rug stopped.


  I also had to go out again this afternoon as I was starting to go a little stir crazy in here. Stopped by the local Tractor Supply store first, mainly because it was the first store of that type I passed, and just wandered the aisles looking at all the cool stuff they have. Had hoped to pass a Home Depot or Lowes along the way also, but alas, no such luck. I went on to the local Winn Dixie after that and did some grocery shopping. Didn't need a lot of stuff, but figured I might as well get it all while I was out. Besides which, it was still raining.


    Tonight has been pretty much more of the same as I said. More videos on the computer and more reading. Did watch a little bit of news and watched the latest taped segment of the Big Bang Theory. It was a hoot of course! It is suppose to clear up and start to get warmer tomorrow sometime. I sure hope so because I am really getting tired of being cooped up like this. There are also all those 'looks' I've been getting as I walk around in my cut-off shorts and sandals with my jacket on. Probably looks  dorky, but I can't stand the idea of having to put on long pants while in Florida.



No comments:

Post a Comment