Saturday, January 18, 2014

   Really not much going on for most of today. I slept in rather late this morning after getting back from the dance around midnight last night. It always takes me at least an hour after a good dance to come down from the dance high that builds up. Sometimes it takes even longer than an hour, and that seemed to be the case last night. But I did finally drop off sometime after 1:00 and managed to get a good 8 hours of deep sleep in.

    As I said, it was kind of slow this morning. Had a nice breakfast and took my time reading the comics and doing the crossword. It was beautiful, though cool, outside so that finally pulled me out doors for a couple of hours. Just hung out here in the park and wandered around a couple of the trails around this area. Got back in time for a late lunch and then watched a movie that I had stored under the seat. Rush Hour was the movie, one of Jackie Chan's better ones I think. I had actually seen it before, but it was a long time ago so it was fun to watch it again. This DVD also has the 2nd Rush Hour movie on it, so I'll be watching it at some point too.

   Actually took a short nap after the movie and then took a shower and got ready to head off for the dance this evening. Such good fun this evening. The bands were really hot and the callers all did a superb job. Perpetual e-Motion were up first and they are always a fun band to dance to, but I have been properly impressed with this weekends secondary band, Moving Violations. The first time I've heard and danced to this 4 person contra band, and I am very impressed. Two guys on fiddle, one piano player and one guy on bass guitar. I have seen all 4 of these guys as members of other dance bands before, but this is the first time I've heard them in this group. I think they could pretty much headline any dance weekend out there right now. Give them another year or two together and they are going to be a real power house that will give other top notch bands a run for their money.

   Anyway; I had a wonderful 3 1/2 hours of dancing before my allergy meds finally gave out on me and I felt compelled to quit. That did include another fun medley dance where we danced for a good 30 minutes or more with the caller changing the dance on the fly every 5 mins or so. Only one more day of dancing to go, but it should be a lot of fun. I think this dance has really come a long way from where it was last year. There is still some room for improvement of course, but they did a good job of it considering it is only the 2nd year for it.

    Now for some good news. I found out that the problem I was having loading up photo's had to do with the search engine/server I was using to log in on. Evidently they decided at some point that plane old Google was no longer going to work and only Google Chrome was going to do the job now. Bottom line is that I can now load up pictures again so here are a few from several weeks ago that I have loaded up. These were all taken on a day when Rima and I got tapped to babysit one of her grand kids, Brynn. It was actually  kind of fun, but I remember being very tired after 8 hours of that. Here are a few shots of her feeding the horses treats and her chasing bubbles that Rima was blowing. I'm not really sure which one of them was a bigger kid that day.

Rima and Brynn chasing bubbles and feeding treats to the horses - Dec 2013      

The horses had a fun time checking out this new little person. They seemed to be very interested in Brynn. 


Two horses, Fuzzy on the left and Bolivar on the right. Brynn was absolutely fearless around them. 

Grandma blowing bubbles.



She was very intense. 

What you are missing are her giggles as she chases down the bubbles. 


I really liked this one with all the bubbles around her head. 

One last view of Fuzzy.







1 comment: