Friday, January 17, 2014

    Pretty late already, so this is likely going to be rather short. Left the trailer around 9:30 this morning and caught a quick breakfast at McDonald's while checking email and reading the comics. Was soon on the road south however, my destination for the day, Lake Kissimmee State Park, just south of Orlando.


    Have been trying to get a camp site down at this park for the last couple of years because it is much closer to the weekend dance I'm attending this weekend, than the one I'm camped in at the moment. So I thought it might actually be a good thing to go and look at it before hand just to see if it is worth while to keep trying to get a reservation there some time in the future.


    Like most of the state parks down here in Florida, the park is a wonderful place to go visit. Plenty of wild open space to explore with lots of hiking trails and lots of lakes and canals to boat and fish on. I spent several hours there walking on a couple of the trails and wandering around some of the docks and boat ramps. It was kind of a strange day for me though because I not only left the trailer with out taking my cell phone with me, but I got all the way down there to the park and found that my camera battery was dead also. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to remember what I saw in my own mind this time.


    I headed back towards South Orlando and the dance late in the afternoon. Got to the dance venue, a rather large middle school gym, around 6:45. With a little more than an hour to go before the dance started I tilted the truck seat back and took a nice nap for nearly and hour. Woke up just in time to check in and get ready for the dance then.


    I was sitting up in the seating stands prior to the dance watching all the people coming in and was struck with how many of the people I recognized. It was also fun to watch as people walked in the door. They invariably looked around to see who they might know, and as soon as they saw some one, their face would light up with this big happy smile. It's one of the nicest things  about this type of dancing. It's just hard not to have a great time.


    The music tonight was provided by the band 'Perpetual e-Motion with calling by Lisa Greenleaf, at least the first part of the dance. So the dancing was hot-fun right off the bat. I had a great time dancing with lots of people I have met all over the south and as far north as Michigan and Ohio. Unfortunately my allergies were working overtime this evening, either because of the dust, or maybe even the smell of the floor finish. Whatever the cause, it meant having to take a break once in a while in order to blow my sinuses clear or stop coughing. It wasn't so bad that I missed very many of the dances, just a couple of squares which I probably would of skipped anyway. I did leave just a little early, maybe because I walked several miles today in addition to all the dancing and was kind of tired. What ever the reason, it now feels like time to hit the sack. More dancing to do tomorrow, so time to go and get some rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment