Thursday, January 16, 2014

   A very nice, if not quite warm, day today. Was up early for breakfast and took a quick look at email and fb before packing up and hitting the road. Was on my way over to my friends place by 11:00 a.m. Met up with Jan at her place and we were soon on our way for some lunch at a local burger joint she knew of. Pretty good stuff, we both had a good meal and had fun catching up with what we have both been up to since I was here last year. Jan is doing well considering she is now in remission from stage 4 cancer. She almost has more hair on her head now than I do.


    After finishing up at lunch we headed over to the local movie theatre and took in a matinee. The movie of choice, picked by Jan by the way, was 'Lone Survivior' starring Mark Wahlburg among others. Based on a true story about a platoon of 'Navy Seals' in Afghanistan, it was, in a word... 'Intense'. Not a movie one could describe as enjoyable, it was still rather spell binding and kept you riveted in your seat even after drinking several large glasses of mango ice tea.


    After the movie, and the required stop in the bathroom, it was off to 'Paco's' for dinner with Jan's daughter Marie. Paco's is a local dive of a Mexican restaurant that Jan started taking me to several years ago.  Serving up healthy doses of decent Mexican food and cold beer, it's a great way to spend an early evening.


   Now though I'm sitting here in a Micky D's hitching a ride on their WiFi signal. Was hoping to finish up some Internet errands that I needed to do, as well as put out another issue of this Blog. Looks like that will happen, but it will have to go out with out any attached photo's. I'm still having trouble uploading photo's on this site, so nothing new in that form for today. Will try one more day and see if anything changes, as well as seeking help elsewhere. Perhaps some 8 year old genius will have made a youtube video about this problem by now. If that doesn't work then I'll be seeking another Blog site in a day or two, so stay tuned. Right now though I'm tired of sitting here in this rather sterile environment. I think it's time to head back to the trailer and curl up with my book.










  

No comments:

Post a Comment