Tuesday, January 21, 2014

    One more day of nice weather down here in Florida before it turns cold and grey for a couple of days. I was up and out the door and headed for my friend Jan's place before 11:00 a.m. Met up with her and after a couple minutes of discussion decided lunch out at the beach would be a nice way to kill a couple of hours.  We headed north out of Orlando and ended up at New Smyrna Beach where the choice was between a more upscale place overlooking a marina or an 'Old Florida' place over on the inland passageway canal. We ended up at J.D's on the waterway, which turned out to be a wonderful choice.

    A bit run down, maybe even a bit disreputable, J.D's is a funky old place that looked like it would be right up my alley. We secured a nice table out on the dockside, but one that was covered because the wind was picking up and the clouds were rolling in, and sat down for some lunch. Jan ended up with a lunch of crab cake and hush puppies, while I had a crab sandwich and fries. But let me explain about my sandwich; first off it was a 'mound', about a cup and a half, of pure crab meat, stuck on a nice roll, with cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion slices, a little mayo and that's it. It was amazing! Oh, and the fries were good too.

    We had a great time sitting there eating lunch and talking while the rain came in and just poured down on us for a while. So ends any hope of a walk on the beach, but what the heck. Instead we headed back to her place where we sat and talked a bit more before I finally headed off to the trailer.

    A short pause on the way home while I hitched a ride on some free WiFi, but I'm nearly done here so I'm about ready to pack up again and finish up the trip back to the park. It is suppose to clear off this evening and then get really cold for the next couple of days. Really cold! As in, just about freezing by morning, and a high in the low 50's tomorrow. I guess it's better than the blizzard and 6"-10" of snow they are getting north of here. I think I'm ready to go make some hot tea now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment