Tuesday, January 28, 2014

   Started out to be another wonderful day here weather wise. Nice blue sky this morning and just a little breeze to keep the humidity at bay. I had a nice easy morning just hanging out doing my usual routine, the only difference was maybe in reading a little more than usual.


    It was time to get going after lunch however, as there were a couple of errands I wanted to do in Gainsville today. First on the list was going and finding some new rugs for the floors in the trailer. My standard trailer came built with a pretty much white linoleum sheet over the whole floor system. It's easy enough to clean, and when it is clean, it looks pretty decent with the fabric and cabinet colors they picked out in the factory. It does get rather cool to the old tootsies most nights however, so I have gotten use to having a couple narrow runner type rugs in the living area and hallway as well as some smaller area rugs around the bed and at the back entry. Unfortunately, the ones I had, came with the trailer when I bought it, so they are now at least 7? years old, if not a total of 10 years. So they were beginning to really show their age after having beaten them so many times and actually washing them a few. Long story short, it was time for new rugs. Ran into Gainsville and found just what I wanted in a light brown this time, and picked up two 2' x 5' runners and a 24"x 36" entry rug. They look nice and the only problem is that I should of bought one more runner rug to go across the bottom of the bed. May have to do that on another day.


    Once that was done it was off to my now favorite Mexican restaurant in Gainsville. Once again I forget the name of it having no further need to remember it now that I know where it is. But I'll try to remember it next time I go there and write it down because it would be nice to recommend it to any one who passes through here. So today I continued my tradition of going down the burrito listing and trying something new. I did the carna asada (grilled steak) first, Chivel (goat) next and today was Lingue (beef tongue). Still chicken, scallops and a couple different pork ones yet to go. But today's was very, very good. Haven't eaten tongue for a long time, but I remember that I always liked it in the past, so it tasted just fine. Along with their homemade refried beans and rice and salsa's, both a red chili one and a green tomateo, it was delicious.


    One last errand was to go over to the Barnes and Nobel and finally pick up a new calendar for this year. I know I had been in there sometime before Christmas because that is where I picked up some of the ones I gave out as gifts. But low and behold, when I turned into the parking lot the whole store was now empty, bummer! I guess I now need to find out if it just moved somewhere else in the city, or whether or not I need to go somewhere else. I'll bet there is one in Ocala.


    Failed to mention earlier that about the time I climbed into the truck to start this minor adventure, the rain finally started falling. It has been raining like crazy most of the afternoon and early evening, but it has at least slowed down a little bit now. The good news is that the roof leak over the bed now seems to be fixed. Unfortunately, there still seems to be a little leak going on somewhere around the skylight in the shower. There seems to be much less urgency in that one right now, probably because it is in the shower. But it will need to be dealt with also at some point because all that moisture in the roof framing can't be good for things. There is also the point that if I leave the shower curtain open and it rains, one of the drips hits right on the top of the tub and splashes on the floor.


    Just hung out this evening. Watched a couple of past NOVA episodes, read and played on the computer. It is suppose to remain rainy for at least one more day, but there aren't any freezing temperatures forecast for the rest of this storm. Supposedly it will all be done and gone by Thursday morning and the forecast is for sunny skies and temps in the 80's. Already looking forward to that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment