Wednesday, January 8, 2014

    I'm sick!.... have been for about a week now, and it really hasn't been much fun. It seems that Rima and I both picked up a cold bug sometime last week while at the dance. It is unfortunately one of the bad sides to dancing so long and intimately with 300 of your favorite people. So; while it hasn't been exactly horrible these past few days, it has certainly effected what we had planned on doing.

    First off, we both decided not to go to the weekend 'Chattaboogie' dance down in Chattanooga that started this past Friday. Friday rolled around and we both were feeling a little puny, I was starting to have sinus problems and both of us were feeling achy and out of sorts. We hung out on Friday instead and spent the day inside. It was a good day to just goof off as it was cold and rainy and even had a little snow falling by evening.

    Saturday was sunnier and, if above freezing can be called warm, then it was warmer. Neither of us felt good enough to go on to the dance, but did feel good enough to get out and about for a while. So we loaded up the truck and headed west toward Abingdon, Virginia where one of her sons had recently vacated a house on their way to a new job and home up in Connecticut. Along the way they left a few item behind that really needed to be taken, except that there had been no room for them the first time around. So we went over there and picked up a nearly new lawn mower, a cooler, and various other odds and ends. We ended up with a whole truck load of stuff so I think it was worth while to go and do.


   Sunday was just another cold and blustery day. Both of us felt sicker than the day before so we didn't do a whole lot, or at least I didn't. I'm pretty sure I didn't do much of anything other than sleep a lot and lay around the house.
    Monday was more cold and blustery weather but I finally felt like becoming a bit more proactive in getting over this cold, or what ever it is. The day before we had stopped and I had picked up lots of cold remedy products. The one thing I had forgotten to get though was one of those 'Nettie Pot' thingy's that allows you to squirt warm salt water up your nose in an apparent attempt to drown yourself, while flushing copious amounts of semi fluid "SNOT" out of all of your sinus pores. It's yucky!!!!!!


   But it does work to some degree, if you can just keep up with it long and often enough. It's now Wednesday and I have been asleep for a good portion of the time between now and then. I'm still coughing somewhat and find it really interesting how many different wheezing sounds your nose and lungs can make during the quiet of the night just by breathing in and out. At times I thought there might be a whole flock of birds in the house with me. The only way to get them to shut up is to lay face down in bed, tuck your chin into your own elbow and don't move for the next 6 hours. What you have to do just to get better.


   My last day here in Virginia for a while and I'm feeling pretty sad. It has been a wonderful month up here celebrating the holidays. Tomorrow though I'm on my way back to Florida for a couple of months. It's been pretty cold down there for the last couple of weeks also, but the temp is suppose to be back up in the 70's by tomorrow afternoon. One nice thought is that Rima will be joining me down there in about a month. She will be coming down to join me on our trip over to St Croix. So I can look forward to that at least. Still need to pack up a few things, do some laundry and get a shower. Also need to run in and take my sweetie to lunch one more time. So it has only taken me about 6 days to write this last post up. I'm hoping that they will be a bit more regular from here on. Happy New Year everyone!






 .

No comments:

Post a Comment