Tuesday, January 14, 2014

   Awoke at 6:30 yesterday morning, and was up by 7:30. Not quite sure what is up with that, it just isn't normal for me is all. But once up and going it became a little easier to function.... until I had some breakfast anyway. Then it was back to bed for another 30 minute cat nap.




    Once I was finally up and going, things went along pretty smoothly. Got all the dishes done and put away, put all the food away that needed to go into storage and closed up all the windows and vents tight. Outside it was time to drain all the tanks and start hooking the trailer up to the truck. It went smoothly through the whole evelotion so it was only a bit past 10:00 when I pulled out on the highway and headed east.




   The destination of the day was Kelly Park over near the town of Apopka Florida. It's located just a bit north and a little west of Orlando and is about the closest place I could find to camp in for this next week. As it is, I still had to make reservations more than a month ago just to be sure I could get in okay.


    At only 130+ miles away it didn't take long to do the drive, even though I did stop for a couple of hours and got some lunch. Made it into the park around 4:30 and got all checked in. The front office had my reservation ready to go so it was only a matter of minutes to grab my windshield tag and get my site number.


    This is a pretty nice little campground over all, with big level spots that have enough room between them that it doesn't feel to crowded. There aren't many here at the moment anyway, only 5-6 other campers in the whole place. I got the trailer unhooked and all set up and then had a bite to eat for dinner. It was still a little light once that was done so I went out for a short walk around the area. Saw lots and lots of deer and squirrels and could hear an owl off in the distance. No one else around so it was really quite nice to walk in the dusky light.


   Back at the trailer I tried to read my book for a couple of hours but I kept falling asleep. Finally gave up and went to bed around 11:00. Slept pretty good until about 8:00 this morning when I woke up to the sound of rain on top of the trailer. It sounded good and put me right back to sleep for another 30 minutes or so. I'm up and about now though and getting ready to go run some  errands. I need to go do some grocery shopping first off and then maybe go on over to a local state park or two and do some walking. Kinda just depends on what the weather does.









No comments:

Post a Comment