Sunday, January 12, 2014

   A beautiful day here in central Florida, a bit cooler than yesterday, but bright blue skies and fluffy white clouds for most of the day. Spent a good part of this morning just goofing off around the trailer. Got all my dishes done and cleaned up around the place a bit. Have found that the window shades on my windows are all filthy. They are all the metal blind style and every slat has an incredible amount of greasy crud like stuff on them. The real problem is in getting them clean. Spent over 30 mins on just one set this morning so I am going to have to come up with a better way for the next ones.


   Also spent an hour or so 'trying' to get my new tape deck installed. There is no problem getting the old one out, and it looks pretty straight forward as to just cutting and splicing all the different wires together. But I hooked up the power and ground lines, which do have about 14v dc coming out of them, and couldn't even get it to blink. So I may have been premature in buying a new tape deck.... it may be that I have a wiring problem going on instead. Unfortunately one of the things I least like to do is fool around with electrical stuff. For some reason I just don't have an intuitive feel for it like I do for most other things. But for now I'll leave it be and then see about checking the old lines out, or possibly running some new lines in.


    Also spent a couple hours early this afternoon just out walking. It was so nice to be out in the warmth and the sunshine again. By 5:00 I was in the truck and headed for Gainsville. I had a ticket to the theatre there at the Hippodrome this evening. The play for tonight was 'Good People', a very interesting tale about 6 people who grow up in the bad part of the south end of Boston, and the ones who got out, and the ones who stayed behind. A real interesting study in human nature and the thin line that differentiates between what we call good and bad behavior, and how individual circumstances can make a big difference in how we interact with each other. All in all, a very interesting work.


    Back at the trailer right now and just about ready to call it a day. Tomorrow I'll be packing up and heading over to the east side of the state for a week or so. Will pull the trailer over to Kelly Park so that I'll be close enough to go to the dance in south Orlando next weekend. Still having some problems with my sinuses today. They are much better than they have been, but still have that post nasal drip thing going on, and the subsequent little annoying cough that goes with it. Looks like more salt water snorting is on the agenda for tonight. Ugh!



No comments:

Post a Comment