Tuesday, May 27, 2014

   Ended up staying here in Floyd over the Memorial Day weekend. Our original plan had been to travel over to Jonesbourough, TN for a weekend of hot and sweaty contra dancing there in town and out at Serenity Hill on David Wiley's place. But alas; Rima woke up on Saturday morning having spent a lot of the previous night sick and throwing up. I knew it had to be pretty serious as I have never known her to sleep in past 8:00 a.m..... ever! That, along with the fact that she wasn't hungry, and that she didn't feel well enough to get up and drive 6 hours to a contra dance, told me that it was all very real. So she stayed in bed all day and then all through the night again, with me supplying liquids and food that she didn't eat or drink, and lucky for me, she was up and feeling better by Sunday.
    For me Saturday just meant another day of hanging out around the place. I went out and whacked a couple of acres of weeds and mowed a few others. There was also a few other small chores done around the house, but mostly I just stayed handy in case Rima needed something.
    Sunday was better, in that she was at least up and around, but really she still wasn't feeling all that well. We did a lot of hanging out with me working outside and her dealing with stuff inside. I whacked more weeds and then started picking up the last of the old shingles that had come off of the wood shed. We had picked up some heavy duty trash bags a couple of days before, so there was something to finally put them all in. Got nearly all of it cleaned up with 5 full bags of shingles and old wooden pieces. It took both of us to load and unload them all when we finally took them off to the trash bins.
    Yesterday was still even better as Rima came back nearly to her normal self. It was too bad that we had to miss the weekend contra dance, but there really wasn't any way it would of been any fun. Between Rima being sick and me still dealing with the residual effects of my fall two weeks ago, we were both pretty pathetic.  We did have a little bit of fun though. I finished cleaning up around the shed so it now looks pretty good it just needs a load of cut up firewood to make it complete.  Later in the day we drove on down to a local farm equipment place and picked up a new 12' wide gate for the front driveway. I'll be trying to get that all hooked up and going sometime this week, but first I'll have to find something to drill the 3/4" diameter holes 7" through the gate post so that I can hang the gate hinge pins on it.
    Finally; took it easy last night and went out for a nice dinner at Micky G's down in town. As nearly the only place in town that was open, it was doing a real good business with people who were tired of bar-b-cuing. I had a real nice steak and Rima went with the pork chop that was on special. Both meals were just what we needed. Add in copious amounts of cold ice tea and it was a nice way to end the weekend. Once back at the place though, we still had enough time to take a short walk out on the road and watch the sun set across the green hills and fields. We then came back and sat outside for about 40 minutes and watched the fire flies come out and do thier summers eve dance. Pretty darn magical.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment