Wednesday, May 7, 2014

   It was a beautiful day here in Virginia yesterday. If anything it has now gone from late winter right into summer, missing most of spring it seems. I spent the afternoon working on repairs to the shed that Rima uses to stow her firewood in. Most of the back wall to it, as well as the roof, had rotted out and it wasn't going to be long before the whole thing collapsed in on itself. So I tore off the back wall and braced up the roof as best I could until I could frame up a new wall and stand it up in place. It took some time to put it all together and then get it knocked into place and secured. All the while rotted wood, dust and spider webs were falling all around.
   I had gone out and picked up a load of lumber on Monday, so there was enough framing lumber to do the wall as well as brace up some parts of the side walls.  Also managed to tie the existing roof joists in to the new framing and got them all secured. Today will mean more work on the side walls, digging out and installing new bracing along them as well as tearing off the existing shingles on the roof so I can better assess it's condition. One nice thing about the whole project is that I have gotten to use my new battery operated framing nailer, it works great, as well as my nearly new 12" miter saw. Those two tools really saved me a lot of time and effort yesterday. What was even better was that even Rima seems to like nailing things together with the nail gun.
   Going to go ahead and see about down loading some pictures from this past weekend now. So maybe there will be a new photo or two to look at in a day or two.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment