Friday, February 13, 2015

   Arrived back in the U.S. late two nights ago after spending a whole week hanging out and contra dancing down on the island of St Croix in the Caribbean. It was nearly midnight when we landed so Rima and I had planned to stay there in Tampa over night since she had to leave after lunch on Thursday. It was a shock to find the temperature outside nearly 40 degrees colder than what we had left that afternoon on the island. But we managed okay with a couple of extra coats that I had left in the truck.
    We had a great time on the island and I hope to say more about that in the next couple of posts. I also want to upload a bunch of photo's that I took but it has already been a long day for me today as I have been unpacking and checking in on everything that has happened since I left. I did get all my pictures downloaded at least, but I need to pare them down to a reasonable number as there are over 600 that I took. I did want to offer up something tonight though, so this is the first of many pictures to come. This one is of the outside tent where we contra danced every night while down there. It is kind of a magical place really, where people come from all over to dance and laugh and smile with each other. I miss being there right now, and I miss my girl friend too. But right now, since it is after 1:30 in the morning, I think it is time to go and get some sleep.





Contra Dance Weekend on St Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands February 2015

The Big Blue tent on the grounds of the Sugar Beach Resort on St Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands.






brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment