Thursday, February 26, 2015

    Much nicer today here in the heartland of Florida. It was still grey for most of the day, but it was nice and warm and quite a bit drier too. I'm grateful to be down here were there is no snow to shovel or where I have to wear coats and long pants and 'real' clothes. But I really feel for those friends of mine who are suffering through unbelievable amounts of snow and cold weather. I guess that is why I went over to the office here in the RV park today and paid up for another week.
    Since it was so much nicer today than yesterday I felt it was time to get out and take care of a few of those errands that have been put off for various reasons. On top of the list was one I normally don't care for much anyway, and since I am now living in a movable house I find particularly onerous. That being, doing my laundry. Lucky for me I have now been in this area of Florida long enough to actually know where a nice clean laundry mat is located. One with more washing machines that work than don't and which is reasonably clean and safe too. This one is in Ocala and it was were I spent several hours this afternoon washing, drying and folding several loads of clothes. In fact it made me feel so good to get that job done that I actually rewarded myself with a late lunch out at my favorite Mexican restaurant in Gainsville, La Tienda.
   One other errand to do after that was to do some grocery shopping for a few items. Didn't need a whole lot of food as I am actually trying to eat up a lot of the stuff I have in the trailer, including everything in the fridge and freezer. On the other hand, I still want a few fresh fruits and veggies to go with my canned tuna and chili. Unfortunately I forgot to take my list with me when I left earlier in the afternoon, so I managed to pick up everything on it except the one thing I really wanted, a jar of peanut butter. Maybe in a day of two I'll get back and pick some up.
   Just hung out in the trailer tonight watching a movie and reading some more of my book. Not sure what tomorrow will bring. I just hope it will stay clear, dry and warm for a couple of days.


brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment