Wednesday, February 18, 2015

   Clear and very cold here today. It was sunny for pretty much the whole day, but the wind began to blow this after noon and the news is reporting that by morning the temperature will be somewhere in the mid to lower 20's. Kind of a bummer if you are one of the table farmers around here with crops in the ground. It certainly isn't going to do the citrus growers any good either, as some of their trees are already starting to put out blossoms.
    For me though it just meant throwing a light jacket on while out and about, and it might mean that the floor heaters run a little bit more tonight, especially early tomorrow morning. This cold spell is suppose to stay in the area for the rest of tonight and on through tomorrow night, before starting a slow warm up on Friday. By Saturday the daytime temperature is suppose to be back in the 70's and by Sunday, back in the 80's. Yeah!
   My next contra dance weekend starts on Friday night. This is the one in Gainsville and it is called 'Dancing With the Gods', since it is put on by the Gainsville Old time Dance Society. This year the main band with be Great Bear Trio with both Beth Malaro and Dana Peterson doing the calling. I am really looking forward to doing some good dancing again, and hope my sinuses are up to it.
   In the meantime; if time permits I need to go get the oil in the truck serviced tomorrow. It has been a long time since that was done, and while it isn't even close to the maximum number of miles I could let it go, I want to go get it changed anyway. I think getting it change with less than 5,000 miles on it is one of the reasons it has lasted for more than 207,000 miles so far.
   Otherwise I will just continue to read books, watch movies and goof off. It's a hard life, but as they say, somebody has to do it.


St. Croix Contra Dance Week - February 2015





The eastern part of St. Croix, which happens to be the most eastern part of the United States Territories, is quite arid as most of the moisture is captured in the mountains along the west coast of the island. Rima and I caught a ride one afternoon with some friends of ours and after having a very pleasant lunch with them we all went out in search of a nice snorkeling beach. Even though I hadn't even brought my swim suit let along snorkel gear.

We found a pleasant little beach tucked in among some volcanic outcroppings and they all swam while I hung out and read some of my book and watched the water.

My girl friend Rima. She certainly looks good in whatever she wears. Also, I won't tell you her age.... but it's a lot older than she looks.

Our friends on this outing, Bob and Cindy.




brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment