Wednesday, May 30, 2012

   So what is this waking up early stuff that is going on. It was barely 7:00 am this morning and I'm wide awake. I know, I know.... not much sympathy for me, but it was nearly 2:00 am when I finally went to bed last night, so this is kind of ridiculous.

   That being said, it was good to be up and about early as today was moving day. Had everything packed up and stored away by 9:00 and hitched up and pulling out a half hour later. Only one minor glitch in the whole process, when I went to run the scissor jacks up into their stowed position the trailer moved forward on the blocks it was up on because the rain had softened the ground under them. Long story short is that the front tongue jack rolled forward off the 4"x6" block it was on and embedded itself about 3" into the ground. Could of been worse, the whole front jack could of bent over into a pretzel and then I would of been kinda screwed with no real way to lift the front of the trailer back up. Would of figured it out somehow, but am glad it didn't come to that. As it is the worst thing that happened was that the right front scissor jack was bent backwards where it is connected to the trailer frame. So at some point it will need to be welded back into position, but for today I just took a block of wood and lowered the trailer down onto it until the weight pressed the plate back into position. It'll work until a more permanent solution can be found.

   Other than that the trip back to the area around Fort Klock was uneventful. No rain, a bit cooler, less humid and still pretty. Pulled into the same campground as last time and it was refreshing to find out that everybody here still remembered me, from the check in girl, Kelly, to the owners Tom and Jenny and the women and her dog in the RV across the road. They even gave me the same spot back in the trees I had last time.

   Got all set up and finally got some lunch fixed and eaten. Kind of late in the afternoon to go any where so I just hung out here and read a new book I found in my stash. An old Louis L'Amour western, 'The Key-Lock Man', only a 153 pages, but still enjoyable. Finished it up after a couple of hours and decided it was time to finally watch the last movie in the Shrek franchise I hadn't seen. In this case 'Shrek-3'. Totally enjoyable also!

   It's back to having a lousy WiFi signal and no phone signal at all while here at the campground. The plan is to only stay until Sunday morning anyway, so it shouldn't be to hard to cope. Glad I got a lot of on-line stuff done last week while in Oswego, but will have to load pictures and do most everything else to do with the net in town at the library. Just writing this one page has taken more than an hour this evening because the signal is so poor.

    So the plan is to go over to Fort Klock tomorrow morning and see if it is open to the public now. Will stay there to see everything if it is of course. Hope to get some interior shots of the buildings and maybe even talk to someone about some of the history. Will post some pictures at some point if I manage to get any. For now though it's time to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment