Friday, September 27, 2013

     Busy couple of days recently.... funny how time has just raced by, but I can't for the life of me remember even half of what I have been doing. Seems like most of the last few days have started out like most of my days... eating breakfast, reading the comics, checking fb and email.

    Afternoons have been a bit more robust. I'm still staying at my friends place near Floyd, so I've been doing minor outdoor type stuff, mowing and tree trimming mostly. I did spend several hours a day or so ago trying to patch up the roof on Esmerelda. It seems to have worked 'pretty' well, but not perfectly. So for that reason I drove over to Christiansburg yesterday and hit the Home Depot again. Picked up some tree trimming tools and a couple tubes of caulking. Once back  I got the ladder out and climbed back up on the trailer roof to have another go at it. Caulked the heck out of the seam at the base of the vent over the bed. Not sure how any water could get in there after all the stuff I've put on it in the past, but one more application can't make it any worse. On the other hand.... I also rigged the umbrella back up under it just in case. The good news though is that there isn't suppose to be any rain this weekend.

   The reason that is such good news is because I'm hooking up the trailer this afternoon and heading off to my first dance weekend in nearly 3 months. This dance, Feet Retreat, will be at Camp Sertoma just over the border in N. Carolina. Can't wait to dance to the tunes of Contrazz and Crowfoot. Also looking forward to seeing old friends again and possibly meeting some new ones. Either way I need to finish this up and go finish packing. Will write again in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment