Wednesday, September 11, 2013

   My friends, Tom and Donna, got back into Denver last night after backpacking the whole John Muir Trail out in California. It only took them 17 days to hike the whole 200 and some odd miles of it, and even then they did it a day quicker than they expected to. It has been wonderful staying here in their house on the lake while they were off doing there hiking thing, but I am so glad they made it back in time for me to see them before I left again. My original plan was to leave early tomorrow morning and they weren't suppose to even be back until late tomorrow night or sometime on the 12th. So this certainly worked out better for me.

   I went and had breakfast with them this morning, out at a new restaurant for me, 'Toast'. Yummy good stuff. It was still raining here after it clouded up yesterday and started sprinkling last night. It really looks like what I remember living in Oregon looked like 30 some years ago.

   I pretty much had everything packed and ready to load into the truck by late last night so I found myself with a bit of spare time on my hands. Tom and I decided there was just enough time this afternoon for us to go take in one final Boys Night Out movie before I left. Our choice for today was a newer one called 'Grand Master'. A Chinese film with English sub titles, the plot was about a kung fu master in China in the early 1900's, who brought martial arts into the modern age and who it is said, was the master who taught Bruce Lee all that he knew. Your basic guys night out movie, but this one at least had a decent plot and the cinematography was excellent.

    Came back to the house and just had time to change and get ready to go out to dinner and the theatre this evening. Had changed my original tickets for later in the month for tickets tonight so that I could at least go and see one of the plays at the Arvada Center this year. Tonight's offering was the opening evening to one of the all time great plays; Camelot. I was taking my friend Steph to dinner and the play with me so it was a simple matter of walking 3 doors down to pick her up. Dinner was Vietnamese noodle bowls over at a little hole in the wall restaurant  near the theatre. The play was performed well of course.... the Arvada Center always does a wonderful job. Good acting, good singing and a wonderfully creative set. I can't think of a better way to spend a last, cold and rainy night here in the Denver area.

   Headed back on the road in the morning if it isn't raining to hard here. I hear it is sunny and warm just to the east about 60 miles. Sure loved being back in my old stomping grounds for a few weeks. So much to do and so many good friends and family to spend time with. But the itch to travel is hitting pretty hard so I'm ready to head out to see new things and meet new people. Thanks to everyone here for such a good time. See you all in about 10 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment