Wednesday, December 4, 2013

   Just a beautiful day down here in mid Florida today. Woke up to a misty, rather foggy morning, but it soon burned off, and by this afternoon the temperature was a very pleasant 82 degrees with nearly unlimited sunshine.

    I had a lot to do today so I was up pretty early, but still had plenty of time to cook and eat a nice breakfast and deal with getting some Christmas gifts all wrapped up and ready to mail. Finally headed out the door around 11:00 and my first stop was the office here at Otter Springs. Wanted to get the trailer all squared away as far as where it was going to be for the next month and a half while I was on the road. My first thought was to just leave the trailer where it currently is, all hooked up to electric, water and sewer while I was away. It makes some sense as I would not have to empty the fridge/freezer and I could keep one of my portable heaters on low to keep things from freezing even though I would be turning off the water while I was gone. Plus a whole month there would only cost me $360, so not too much really. Until I found out that I could park my trailer in their storage area for a grand total of $25 for the whole month. I could also set it up so that I could then just swoop in at the end of that time and move my trailer over to an already reserved spot when I wanted to. Seemed like a much better deal to me than what I had cooked up, so I went ahead and did the paperwork for that to all happen, and it will commence as of next Monday.

    From there it was on to the post office in Trenton to mail off a package to friends in Colorado. Continuing on into Gainsville afterwards to do a little last minute shopping, I found a couple things I needed and then went and had a bit of late lunch. Coming out from lunch it seemed like it might be fun to go and watch a real movie for a change. So it was off to the local theatre to spend the afternoon watching the newest Hunger Games movie. I was actually quite impressed with it over all. The acting was good and the plot was even pretty decent considering it is a sequel. A pleasant way to spend a couple hours anyway.

    The only problem was that it was dark when I came out from the movie. But there were only a couple of things that still needed doing, so I made my way over to Target to pick up a couple more things and then on to Barnes and Noble for the last of my gifts. Along the way I also found a copy of the movie Good Will Hunting for under $5, so I picked that up for myself in order to have something to watch some night when there isn't anything better to do.

   About ready to head back to camp right now, just want to finish this up and check a few more things on line while the WiFi is free. More to do tomorrow, but I'll leave that for then. Right now though; here are a couple more pictures from this past week.

Scenes from Otter Springs - Dec 2013 

A view of the Suwanee River out by Otter Springs. I've taken many pictures from this spot over the years... I never grow tired of looking at it.


Forgot that these little guys are actually non natives to Florida having come in from Texas and further west over the years. They are all over the place these days, and are rather interesting to see while walking out in the woods. Usually hard to sneak up on, this one wasn't paying attention and came right at me as I stood still on the trail. Once they figure out what you are they can really take off and run. Guess that comes with knowing that nearly everything out there wants to eat you for dinner.













No comments:

Post a Comment