Sunday, August 3, 2014

  
   A couple of good days.... and nights, here in Colorado. Yesterday was spent running back up to the trailer in Longmont to pick up a couple of things I had forgotten and which I really needed. Such as my check book. Also made a stop at the bank while there and then went on out to my storage unit to start figuring out where all of the gear for the up coming river trip is. Lucky for me most of it is still right out front where I left it after the canoe trip last year, so it was just a matter of checking it out and trying to figure out what else was going to be needed in addition to the gear I already have. Looks like there is very little I'll need to get, basically just another light weight sleeping bag and another fold up chair. Otherwise my list is pretty complete.
    Went on over to a local Chipotle afterwards and had a bit of dinner. Sometimes I just really crave their chicken burritos. After spending about an hour there reading my book and hydrating the body, it was time to head over to Boulder for the Friday night contra dance. There were an amazing number of  people there last night. Usually attendance really falls off in the summer when there are so many other things to do outside, but there had to be close to 200 people there at the start of the dance. More than enough for 4 full lines with 20-30 couples in each line. Of course many of them were beginners, but over all they all did okay as the starting dances were all easy and everyone is pretty relaxed with helping new people figure out where it is they are suppose to be. It's one of the really nice things about contra dancing and contra dance people. Anyway; last night was 3 good hours of hot and sweaty contra dancing in Boulder. Many of the beginners dropped out halfway through at the break, but there were 80-100 hard core dancers that stayed right up until the end. Enough for  two full lines anyway. It was good to see and dance with some wonderful old friends, and even meet a new one or two.... not that I'll remember any of them of course.
   I was exhausted once I got back to George and Marge's place. I felt like the dancing went well even though my allergies were still going full blast and that I'm dancing at more than a mile high in elevation where as it was only around 3,000 feet the last time I danced nearly two months ago. A nice night of sleep for me as dancing always dehydrates me enough that I don't have to get up much during the night after dancing. Or is that too much information?
    It was still late when I finally got up. It took extra long to make it back to home even though I thought traffic would be much milder near midnight. Didn't happen down on I-25 though. There was still a huge traffic jam down in the section between Santa Fe Ave and the stadium. An extra 30-40 minutes for sure as traffic went from 4 lanes down to 1. So it was no surprise when I went and had a nice nap later this afternoon. I tried to read my book, but it kept falling on my face when I fell asleep. So it was pretty easy to give that up and just roll over and sleep another hour or so.
   Tonight M & G and I took off and headed north toward the suburb of Arvada. We, and a couple other friends all have tickets to the play at the Arvada Center on the same night so we often try to do dinner together before hand. We met up with everyone at 'Three Margarita's', Mexican food again... of course.  A good meal and a chance to talk to some people I haven't seen for nearly a year.
   From there we were off to the Arvada Center for the last play of the season, and my last play as a season ticket holder. Tonight's offering was 'Tarzan' the musical. An interesting presentation and, as always with the Arvada Center, a master piece of stage craft and presentation. That being said; it will never be my favorite play just because it isn't that interesting of a subject. It was still a fun play to watch though and the acting and singing was all superb.
     Now though, it's time for some much needed sleep.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment