Wednesday, August 20, 2014

    As expected I moved over to my friends Tom and Donna's home this evening after first attending a Boy's Night Out at the movies. Today, Tom, George, Joe and I picked the newest iteration of the Expendables.... No. 3 in fact. Nearly a perfect guy's night out movie with just about every well known actor to star in that type of movie. About the only one who wasn't in the movie was Bruce Willis, and he is probably just holding out for the next movie.
   So not a bad flick over all.... that is if you actually like seeing buildings and vehicles being blown up and hundreds if not thousands of bad guys getting killed. All while the 10 good guys run around with nary a wound to be seen. In the end the good guys win.... as it should be in this kind of movie.
    Afterwards we all went over to Red Robin of course because our favorite waitress, Emily was working tonight. As always she had our drinks on the table a minute or two after we sat down and our meal selection, except for Joe's, already in getting made. Joe doesn't come all that often so she hasn't figured him out yet, plus he isn't much into ordering the same meal as the rest of us do because he doesn't like fake hamburgers that much. Actually, I don't either, but sometimes I do crave them a little bit, and it does mean less time between when we arrive and when we start eating if we do it that way. So it's a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned.
    So hard rain tonight when we finally made it back to the house. I managed to get in the few things I'll need for tonight, but left everything else in the truck for tomorrow. It will be a busy day tomorrow as I need to organize all the gear and then go do most of the grocery shopping. Looking forward to getting it all done though so I can relax after that.
     Just a few words about yesterday before I sign off. I had lunch with my little sister and her partner  around noon yesterday. We met up at a Mexican restaurant, Bandito's, that they knew of. Had a great time just talking over some pretty good food. They are always interested to hear about where I have been and the places I plan to visit. I was giving them the low down on the week long contra dance trip to St Croix in the Virgin Islands that happens every February, when they pretty much decided they wanted to go too. Even though neither of them have even contra danced yet, they would both pick it up very quickly down there, as the level of dancing is mostly around a good to upper medium stage. Plus there is so much else to do on the island that they would have fun even if they didn't dance all that much. So if they go I am hoping they will team up with myself and my friend in one of the two bedroom condo's that they have. We would have a very fun time of it.
    I just headed back to George and Marge's after that and took a nice long nap during the afternoon. That set me up well to take them both out to dinner again. I wanted to do something to help celebrate their 55th wedding anniversary that had occurred the day before, as well as do something nice to thank them again for putting up with me for so long.
   Marge was up for seafood or fish so we headed over to the closest Red Lobster on their recommendation. I haven't been to one of those for at least 20 years, and while my meal was fine, it wasn't the best fish I've ever had, and I don't see it as ever becoming one of my favorites. That being said, the appetizer of calamari was decent, and really, my mango mahi mahi was okay too. Just nothing to write home about. I think George and Marge liked it though... and that is what really counts.
   Now it's time to log off and get some sleep. But first a chapter or two, or twenty, in my latest 'Jack Reacher' novel by Lee Child. I am beginning to think this author is rather evil in how he nearly puts a spell on you that keeps you reading long after you should of stopped and gone to sleep. I guess we'll see if my will power is any stronger tonight.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment