Sunday, August 10, 2014

   Sometimes life is just to busy and to much fun for me to sit down and write anything..... this is just one of those times. It has been a fun couple of days since I last wrote. Friday was a beautiful day and I spent it running errands for most of the afternoon. There was a regular contra dance in Denver that night and I headed over there after having a quick dinner with some dance friends before hand. The dance was pretty well attended considering it was summer and that it was a beautiful warm summer night. There were a few new dancers, but overall it was a pretty high dance level. Not the same level you will find at a weekend dance by any means, but at least I wasn't too worried about being injured by someone twisting my arm or stomping on my feet.
   Hung out with my friends at home for part of Saturday and then headed out for dinner with a couple more dance friends. I met Paul and Cindy over at a little Vietnamese restaurant I know of over in north Denver. I had a noodle bowl of course, (Bun not Pho), with noodles, shrimp, pork, chicken and beef. Yum!
   The dance was the once a month Denver Zesty, set up for more advanced dancers. There are still a few dancers that show up that aren't quite good enough to do a dance without at least one walk through, but most of them at least know most of the different moves. So it was a fun dance over all, with about 60 good dancers and a decent caller and band. It was also pretty hot and humid, so by the end of the evening everyone was pretty sweaty. Kind of reminded me of dancing back east.
    Hung out with my friends again this morning before taking off for Estes Park. A good dance friend of mine, Nancy, has a Bed and Breakfast up there just outside of town, and every summer she has a pot luck and jam party at her place. I went to Longmont at first, and stopped by the trailer to check that everything there was still okay. Also had to pick up a few things I'll be needing as well as drop a few things off.
    Made it up to Nancy's in time to enjoy a couple of cold beers and some finger food while listening to about 15 people jamming together on the front and back porches. Mostly Celtic/Irish flavored music and most of the tunes were ones that I have danced to many times before. A nice afternoon to sit outside and watch the hummingbirds flit by and we even had a couple bears, a sow and her cub, run up a big ol pine tree right next door. I left the party a little bit before the sun set so I would have a better chance of not hitting a deer or elk on the road home. Unfortunately I didn't get to see or talk to Nancy much of course, but we are going to try to get together dinner next Friday before the Boulder dance, and that will be nice.
    For now though it's late and I'm tired. Tomorrow I take the truck in to the Ford dealer to see what it is going to need before we get back out on the road again.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment