Friday, August 8, 2014


    Moved my base of operations over to some other friends house yesterday. I am now 'blessing' my friends Tom and Donna's place for a few days. It is nice to have a change of scenery, but I will be back over at George and Marge's place next week, and that is okay with me too.
   It must of been  a little rough as a transition for some reason, as it was long after 2:00 a.m. last night before I ever managed to get to sleep. As a result I had a hard time getting up this morning and then staying up once I was out of bed. As it was, I ended up taking a nap late this morning and it felt good to do it.
   I had a few errands to run this afternoon, nothing really important, but I needed to go find another fold up chair to take on the river trip. Did manage to find one I think will work, so that is one more thing to scratch off of my list. Once done with those errands I met up with Tom and George over at the local movie theatre. We had all decided to see yet another movie this week, because there are so many new movies that have been released in the past few weeks. In this case though, the movie we went to see, 'The Edge of Tomorrow', was a movie that Tom and George had already seen two weeks ago. But they were up to seeing it again with me saying that it was good enough to view it again. It turns out that it was a pretty good movie. Starring Tom Cruise in the lead roll, the Sci-Fi  flick had a good plot and really good special effects. At the end it left you wondering if you actually had it all figured out, so it left plenty of stuff to talk over at dinner.
    Dinner was over at the local Red Robin afterwards, where Emily kept us supplied with drinks and food.  It's always a fun time talking with these friends because it almost always includes discussion of the next boat trip, movies, politics, books etc.  In other words; it is really nice to hang out with interesting, smart people who know how to hold a conversation.
   I headed on down to Washington Park after dinner, intending to do a little folk dancing tonight if anybody was there. It turned out that there was a pretty good crowd this evening even though it rained for about 10 minutes when I first arrived. It soon cleared off like it often does in the west, and the sky cleared up and the ground dried off. It was a good night of dancing, but it also really showed me how hard it is to remember the steps to some of the dances when you only do them once or twice a year. It is still fun though, so I hope there will be many more years to go, that I'll be able to go down to the park and dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment