Tuesday, August 5, 2014

   Another wonderful day here in Colorado. Hard to describe how beautiful it is here during the summer. Instead I am left with simply talking about some of the things I did and people I saw. So be it, that was a nice part of the day for me so it certainly isn't onerous.
   After a slow and easy morning, George, Marge and I headed over to a small local airport just to the east of us. I had awoken with this huge craving for a big, juicy hamburger for some reason, and one of the best I knew about was over at the airports restaurant, 'A Perfect Landing'. So off we went for lunch.... and it was just as good as I remember it. A really fun time just sitting there looking out the windows at all of the private planes and jets waiting there to be boarded before taking off for distant  lands. There are certainly some large private jets parked there that could pretty much take you anywhere in the world you wanted to go. I had a lovely, hot, gooey, mushroom/swiss burger with fries and ice tea, and it was great.
   Back to their house afterwards for some book reading and a chance to fall asleep in a chair. It was nearly 4:30 when George actually woke me up so I could go and see a movie out with him and Tom this evening. Boys Night Out today included seeing the movie 'Guardian's of the Galaxy' and then dinner over at a local pizza type restaurant. The movie turned out to be much better than I thought it would be just from seeing the ads and previews. Pretty hokey overall, but there was some good special effects as well as some good humor. I am certain there will be more of these movies in the future.
   About the only other news of note is that I will be switching where I'm staying tomorrow afternoon. Time to give George and Marge a break from me, even though they say I am always welcome, and move over to Tom and Donna's place for a few days. Will have to get all my stuff gathered up and ready to go. Hard to believe how much of a mess I can make in a little more than a week.




*


No comments:

Post a Comment