Saturday, October 11, 2014

   A definite change in the weather came in late last night bringing clouds and rain, and colder temperatures. It sounded wonderful to hear the rain early on this morning. Of course after a few minutes, it just made me feel like snuggling deeper into the blankets, and taking another short cat nap.
   My sister and her husband and I really didn't do a whole lot today. We did make one short trip into town in search of one of those glass jars with the wire bale on top that you can latch down solid. My brother-in-law, Martin, has a sour dough starter that he has had for several years now, and he wanted to get me a start off of it, and that is what he keeps his in. But alas, no such luck here in the town of Morton. But they do have a quart canning jar and lid, so we can use that for a couple of days until I can find a store that sells them in Portland.
    Otherwise we just hung out and talked and ate and watched movies on TV. Tomorrow I'll be heading south to Portland Oregon. I hope to stay there at least a week and visit some of my favorite spots around the area. They also have a good contra dance community there, and while I haven't checked yet, I am hoping to make it to at least one dance while I am there.
   Here are a few photo's from a couple of weeks ago while I was still in Colorado at my friends Tom and Donna's house. They live right on a lake and have all the toys, so when my girl friend Rima arrived she had to go out and try it a couple of times. She is much better at it than I am.


Stand up paddle boarding in Littleton, Colorado - Aug 2014





That is Tom and their dog Rhoadie in the lead obviously. She has been going with them on the board since she was just a little puppy.

Starting to turn in towards shore.



Nearly time to jump off. She stays very well until they tell her she can jump off, otherwise Tom would probably get wet pretty often.

Rima is pretty darn good at it, and she looks good too.

The ride is over for the day.





brk*
**

No comments:

Post a Comment