Friday, October 10, 2014

    A nice mellow day here today. Once again the sun was out shining and the temperature was warm. Looks like that will all change tomorrow, but I'll take every nice day I can get and figure out something else to do on the cloudy and rainy ones.
    My sister and I took a short road trip east out of Morton this morning, just driving up the road about 40 miles or so and then back. We went through two small towns along the way, but to be honest, I don't even remember what their names were. It was very pretty out though, and we did stop a couple of times and got out of the car to look around.
   We ate lunch out at a small café here in the town of Morton. I had their special, a cup of clam chowder and a halibut sandwich. Nothing fancy, but very tasty and filling. Just hung out again this afternoon. Martin and I had a nice discussion about wiring and electrical circuits. He use to be, and still is, an electrician, so I know if I ever have a question I just need to pick up the phone and call.
   We have been watching B&W movies on TV this evening. Some great old classics, most of which I have never seen, but it is neat to see such names as Rock Hudson, Sidney Poitier and Edward G. Robinson way back when they were young also.
   For tonight I'm taking a break from lighthouse photo's and throwing up some pictures from a few days ago when I had dinner with my niece and her family in the Seattle area. They are all of the same subject, sundown over Puget Sound, but they were taken at different times and in different directions, and plus..... I couldn't make up my mind on which ones to post, so I'm posting them all.




Sun Set over Puget Sound in Seattle Washington - Oct 4, 2014




I liked this one because of the boat of course.

Note that this tree is just down the hill from the deck at my nieces house. If you look closely you can see the remains of the eagles nest from this year in the limbs just below the top of the tree.

The mountains in the distance are out on the Olympic Peninsula.

 

 





 

The sun is now gone but the sky is still pretty.

 

The last one before dinner. I really liked the color of the clouds in this one.










brk*

No comments:

Post a Comment