Wednesday, September 12, 2012

   As I said earlier, I'm off on a new adventure early tomorrow morning. Spent my last afternoon here having lunch with some friends and visiting my mom one last time. Mexican food again of course.... boy am I going to be missing that over the next 10 months or so. If some one out there knows of any good places to eat on the east coast, please let me know.

   One bit of bad news today, a really good friend of mine, George, was checked into the hospital this afternoon with a collapsed lung. He has been on oxygen now for many years for a chronic lung condition and it seems like it is starting to take it's toll. He sounded good when I talked to him however, and his son gave me a call later on to tell me they already had the lung re-inflated. I will have to keep in touch even more now, but I expect he will be fine after a couple days of good care. I will still be thinking about him and his wife, Marge, a lot though.

   Went to the theatre with a friend this evening. It was opening night for 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' at the Arvada Theatre. I had exchanged my regular nights tickets for tonight so that I could at least see one of the plays for this season. A great play of course because the Arvada Center always does such a good job. Before the play we went to the 'Damascus Cafe' for some wonderful middle eastern food with a side of conversation. A very fun evening and a good way to end my mini vacation back here in this area.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment