Tuesday, September 11, 2012

     Have been busy trying to get everything done before going on the road again tomorrow morning so it has been hard to find anytime to sit down and write even a short message... for that I apologize and hope that it will get easier to find time once my schedule gets back to normal. What ever that is.

   It has been fun however, with time to visit friends and family. Went over to visit with my mom yesterday afternoon. She is still at the assisted living center and seems to be accepting it better now that she has been there awhile. She fell again a couple weeks ago and picked up a couple new bruises and injuries, but no broken bones so far. She also managed to burst a blood vessel in one of her eyes some how, the doctor said that at her age she could do it just by sneezing hard, the result though is an iris surrounded by red instead of white and a nice black eye to go with it. Looks king of creepy, but it is already starting to heal up again.

    Have been spending a lot of time making copies of my Grand Canyon pictures for people who were on the trip with me. At 30 min's a copy it is taking a long time to finish up, plus every 3rd or 4th copy doesn't work for some reason or another. Nearly done with that though so I'll have all the disc's I need when I meet a few friends for lunch later on today.

    Had planned to help a friend learn a basic waltz step last night. One of her son's is getting married in Argentina next month and they evidently do more waltzing down there than they do tango. So she invited me over for dinner last night and a quick dance lesson afterwards. The only trouble is we spent so much time over dinner and a bottle of wine that we never got to the dancing part. Since she is one of those unfortunate people that still has to make a living, it was an early evening for her. May still get a quick dance lesson in this evening. We are suppose to go out to a dinner and a play this evening, but we may skip dinner and practice counting to 3 a lot.

    Still a few last minute errands to run this afternoon, but it looks like travel plans are all starting to gel finally. Will need to do one last load of clothes this evening and then be up early in the morning as there will be plenty to do once I get back to Longmont to hook up the trailer. Have decided to label this years trip the 'Carefree Highway Tour' after one of my favorite songs from the 70's. Yes, I know it's essentially a break-up song, but it always struck me as being more about new beginning's. I'm going with that happier thought anyway and hope that I will get to see many more new things and meet many more nice people on this trip.

    Yes I know.... I promised more photo's of the Grand Canyon, and I will get some more posted as soon as I can. Until then though......

No comments:

Post a Comment