Tuesday, February 19, 2013

    Drove over to my sisters place in Palm Coast Florida yesterday afternoon. We didn't do all that much last night other than having a nice dinner her husband, Martin, cooked, chicken enchilada's, spanish rice, etc. I also managed to get a load of clothes washed and dried while we sat around and watched the first 3 episodes on season one of the Big Bang Theory. Neither of them had ever seen it before, but I think there were enough chuckles from both of them that leaving the whole 5 seasons that I had on DVD may have been okay.

    Today we drove over to St Augustine and goofed off for most of the day. We started out by getting a ticket to ride one of the tourist trams around the old part of the city and hear the drivers talk about what every thing was. Actually a pretty good use of some cash in this case, as they all had some interesting facts that they talked about. It was also nice that you could  get off and back on to any other trolley in the same system when ever they stopped. So we got off a couple times to take some pictures and wander around one of the sites a little bit more. One of the places we stopped at was the site of the 'Fountain of Youth'. But we didn't go in this time, considering the additional $12 per person to be a bit steep for something we were likely to spend less than 20 min's at. I did managed to find a nice shot glass to buy there though, and rather than filling it up with some of their sulfurous smelling water of dubious power, I brought it home tonight and filled it up with some very nice bourbon instead. Maybe not exactly age lengthening, but I'll bet it tasted better.

     One other place we took a little break was over at A1A brew pub for a little lunch and a bit of liquid refreshment. They were out of my favorite Brown Ale, so I went to my 2nd favorite Red Ale instead. A bit more bitter tasting, but still good and very cold. Since it was a day of changes already it made sense to try something other than my usual fish taco's too, so today it was all about the smoked salmon fish and chips that I had. Boy was that good.

    A little more wandering around after lunch, some more picture taking, another stop at one of the galleries my sister and Marty know to see some new art and talk to the owners a while, and then it was back to their house again.

    Collected my mail, clothes and some additional pine needles so that I can finish up my pine needle basket and then headed back to the trailer. Will be packing up in the morning and moving on up to the state park just south of Gainsville. Wanted to be a bit closer for the dance going on this weekend. One nice thing about today is that the weather finally warmed up a bit again. I think it is suppose to stay nice for the next several days at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment