Thursday, February 21, 2013

    Spent a couple of hours this afternoon researching a new bike for the trailer. Well actually for me while I'm touring the country while living in the trailer. Found a couple that look like they may work for me. Not looking for an expensive, perfect bike this time as what I really need is one that will allow me to get out and explore some of the trails and roads that I find in some to the state parks I visit. So it doesn't have to be heavy duty and loaded down with cool gadgets. Mostly what I want is a simple, multi gear, mountain bike like unit that will be happy to live on the back of the trailer where it will be subject to hot sun and cold weather, subject to being stolen and possibly with me backing it into the odd tree or post once in a while. Hope to have one by the end of next week.

     Also ended up at the grocery store afterwards as I had run out of banana's, spinach and broccoli. While there it also made sense to pick up a few other supplies including some more packets of stuff for making smoothies. Guess I should mention that I bought one of those tiny little blenders the other day. Big enough to make a single smoothie or a margarita, mai tai or painkiller or two.

    Loaded a new version of turbo tax on the computer this evening in anticipation of getting last years taxes done and sent off. It's kind of nice not having anything to write off anymore. It means paying more in taxes, certainly a higher percentage than some people any way, but I get to use the 1040 EZ form and it usually only takes me about an hour to do it all. Besides, I don't mind paying taxes. I like to think my taxes are helping pave the roads I travel on as well as give all kids who want it an opportunity to get an education.

   Tomorrow night is the start of another weekend dance here in Gainsville. Dana Parkinson will be calling to the music of the Syncopaths. Should be a wonderful dance and I am looking forward to seeing a lot of people I already know as well as meet a view new ones. Time for bed right now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment