Saturday, February 2, 2013

    Warmer today, but still not all that warm. Took a bit of a walk around town this afternoon, but otherwise stayed in where it was warm. It's nice to have an unlimited supply of books to read via my Kindle.

   Had a ticket to the theatre for tonight, so I did end up going out again this evening. The play, 'Venus in Fur', was at the Hippodrome in Gainsville and didn't start until 8:30 tonight. A very interesting and fun play to sit through. Only two players for the whole thing, one male and one female. They had me hooked from the opening lines, but it got even better when the female lead, 'Vonda', took her coat off and had a black leather bustier on along with black satin short pants, stockings and boots. :)

    Before you all start thinking I'm nothing more than a 'Chauv... pig', let me explain that the play is about doing a play, so that happened to be part of her costume. Still....

    Lot's of fun dialogue and action, the two players were wonderful. The male lead was played by one of the acting professors over at the collage while the female actress was a recent graduate, but who was also in one of my favorite plays from last year, 'Sirens'. It's hard to describe what the play was all about, but it dealt a lot with the roles of dominance and submission in most relationships. Certainly some S&M undertones, but I felt it was more about every day relationships between two people in love. All I know is that the play was a full 90 mins long with out any intermissions and it felt like it went by in 10 mins or less. So it was good!

     Nothing else going on this evening so I think it is time to read a few more chapters and then go to bed.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment