Wednesday, June 18, 2014

  A pretty good day yesterday. Pretty much back to my regular schedule again, reading the comics doing the crossword puzzle, checking email and facebook. It was a very pleasant morning that lead into a very nice afternoon also.
   Headed into town in late morning and did some much needed shopping including a new book and a couple of magazines to read. Also picked up a few groceries that we were lacking, including a pack of strawberries and some Asian pears. From the grocery store it was on to Home Depot where I picked up a length of gutter and some of the associated other parts that go with it. Will try to get that installed in the next day or two on one of the eaves on the barn.
   I was back at the farm by late afternoon and was preparing to finally work on my truck window when it decided to start raining. Oh well! Just stayed inside instead and put some chicken in the oven for dinner as well as made a strawberry-sour cherry pie. Rima was quite happy to have some for her late dinner when she finally got home after 8:00 p.m. The pie actually turned out much better than I thought it would. I just used the same recipe as I use for strawberry-rhubarb pie and just substituted in sour cherries for the rhubarb. As of this morning there is a good deal less than half a pie left over so it couldn't taste to bad..... I might just have to find another flat of strawberries before the end of the weekend rolls around.
    Hope to go work on the truck after finishing up here and then maybe cut down a tree or two this afternoon. What ever gets done it will be a busy day for me.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment