Monday, June 9, 2014

   A very interesting couple of days have now passed and lots of things have happened in that time. Rima and I took off on Friday morning headed for Lexington Kentucky, and  a 3 day dance weekend known as Dance Trance. There was very high expectations for lots of hot and sweaty dance fun as one of the best contra bands, 'Latter Day Lizards', were playing and Lisa Greenleaf was doing the main calling duties. So we were both really pumped for some great dancing and a chance to see a lot of friends from near and far.
    So we picked up a friend of ours, Elizabeth, in Christiansburg on the way out, as she was going to car pool with us, and headed west for the town of Lebanon Virginia. We were going there in order to pick up some final items in Rima's sons house before it was finally sold. No problem with getting there and loading up the last few items and then it was back onto the highway for the rest of the road trip. It was nice to take some of the back roads up through the lesser known areas of Virginia, West Virginia and Kentucky. But even with the back roads we still pulled into Lexington around 5:30. We then met up with another friend, Tom, for dinner at a local 'Whole Foods' type grocery store where they have an in store café. We had a pretty good dinner there while we all caught up with each other.
   We left Elizabeth to go with Tom afterwards and then went and checked into our hotel where we had a few moments to relax and get ready for the dance. It was soon time to take off for the dance site and a wonderful night of fun. Right from the start the energy was high and every one there was smiling from ear to ear.  Even though it had been a nearly 8 hour trip in the car I was still stoked enough that I only missed two dances out of the whole night. One, a square dance, which I don't really like to do all that much, and one when I had to go out to the bathroom and then get something more to drink. Lot's of old friends to see and talk to there, including one all the way from Colorado. It must of been fun because it was over way to soon and it was time to go and get some sleep.
    I thought it would be a night of dreamless sleep, and most of it was pretty much like that, but I awoke around 5:00 a.m. with a tremendous pressure inside my stomach area. Within minutes it was so bad that there was no more sleep, indeed there wasn't even a way to actually find any comfortable position. After several hours of pacing, trying to lay down, trying to sit down and then some more pacing there was finally a little bit of throwing up and that did finally ease the pressure enough for me to finally sleep some more. From then on it was a matter of sleeping awhile, waking up and taking drugs and drinking some water, and then trying to  sleep some more.
    I ended up staying in bed in the hotel all of Saturday and Saturday night and didn't even really feel human again until late yesterday morning. Thankfully, Rima did manage to go out on Saturday night and dance at least the first half of the evening dance, even though she wasn't really willing to leave me at all. But it seemed like what ever it was that had hit me wasn't going to kill me, so I finally convinced her to take off and have some fun.
    But I couldn't talk her into doing any of the dancing yesterday afternoon so we took off for home before 10:00.   It was a very long drive home and we did have to stop at one point and let me just walk around for a little bit. I was actually feeling okay by the time I got back to the house so we spent some time outside mowing the lawn. We also grilled up some steaks for dinner and had a baked potato as well as a baked sweet potato and a left over caramel pear for dessert. It was wonderful to actually eat something again as I had not had much in the way of food for more than 48 hours. Of course it might not of been such a good idea to eat all that food as I had some more aches and pains late last night trying to get to sleep again. I finally ended up taking more drugs and dragging the heating pad out and turning that on. It seemed to melt the aches away and I finally managed to get to sleep again.
    Still feeling a little 'puny' yet this morning so I am taking it rather slow. Had hoped to have a productive day cutting down trees and cutting them up into firewood, but that may not happen as I envisioned. I am hoping that at some point what ever is going on with me will pass and I'll be back to my old chipper self.  In the mean time I'm going to go ahead and work on some photo's that are still not ready to be posted.




*

No comments:

Post a Comment