Thursday, June 26, 2014

    Made it into Nebraska yesterday afternoon. It was a nice day for driving overall, sunny for most of the day, which made it a little warmer than I would of liked, but it was nice to not have to drive in a pouring rainstorm for a change.
    Other than driving all day there wasn't much else going on. The country has now changed from lush green hills and corn fields to a flatter, drier landscape of western Nebraska. The vegetation is still plenty green here as there seems to have been plenty of rain in the area recently.
    I made one long stop for lunch while passing through Council Bluffs. Had seen a sign for a Chinese restaurant and that sounded good for a change. It was a buffet, so there was way more food consumed than I normally eat, but on the plus side, I was still full feeling all the way through dinner time and didn't need any more food for the day.
  Also stopped in the town of Grand Island Nebraska and walked around the local Wal-Mart there just for some exercise. I passed by a pioneer museum there that would of been fun to visit, but it was after 6:00 p.m. when I went by, so it was already closed for the day. So it is now on a list of things to see next time I pass by this way.
    Spent the night in a rest area just west of Kearney. Screwed up a little bit in that I had meant to stop at a Cabela's store before I made it into the town of Imperial. I had been under the impression that there was one in North Platte Nebraska, but the last one I passed by was actually in Kearney. That's okay though, just wanted to pick up a Nebraska fishing license and a State Parks pass, but those can wait until I pass through Sidney Nebraska next week on my way to Chadron.
   Will take my time travelling this morning. It's cloudy and cooler this morning, plus there are less than 200 miles left for me to go to. Looking forward to seeing my sister and her husband again even though she will most likely put me to work helping them mow their yard. It will be good to be out walking around again.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment