Tuesday, June 17, 2014

    Finally.... finally on the mend! So, more than a week since I woke up in a hotel room in Lexington, Ky with a fever and a pain in my guts, I finally feel like life is back to normal. Unfortunately it is about 5 days to late in some respects. It would of been a lot of fun to drive to Oswego last week and spend a couple days touring the country and then dancing to the music of the Great Bear Trio and Perpetual e-Motion. But it just wasn't meant to be this time. The photo's and video's coming out of the dance weekend sure look like it was a lot of fun though.
   I have slowly been getting back into the swing of things here in Virginia. There are still a couple of things I really want to get done before taking off back west, so I have extended my stay until at least next Monday. That should give me enough time to finish up the fencing project I am working on as well as cut down a couple more trees and do a hand full of other smaller jobs to do.
    Rima and I managed to cut and stack another whole pile of wood a couple of days ago. It was from a bunch of trees I had cut down about a month or so ago, so they had dried out enough already to lighten them up quite a bit. Even with that though, it was quite some effort to get it all done. I put a new bar and chain on the chainsaw before starting the project and with me picking up and holding, and Rima running the saw, we soon had quite a pile of nice hardwood fire wood cut and stacked.
   That is about the only heavy toting I have been doing since feeling better. I got started hanging fence yesterday, but that was basically just rolling the fencing out on the ground and then pulling it up on to the posts to be tacked in place. The roll weighs somewhere between 150 - 200 lbs, but it is manageable if you don't try to pick it up all at once. Got about 100 feet of it in position and then tensioned before hitting a spot that needs some more fence posts. Prior to doing that though I need to drop a 60' tall black walnut that is right in the middle of the fence line. I hate cutting down such nice trees, but this one is a sprout, along with two others, that came out of the stump of one that was cut down many, many years ago.. Plus, it is leaning so much now that I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't blown down in the past. Either way though it will need to come down before I finish up that section of fence.
   We had some friends spend the night with us over the weekend. Good friends Ken and Carol from Indiana and a couple of musicians, John and Twila (sp) who were touring with them. Nice to share a couple of meals and listen to live music out on the deck over breakfast yesterday.
    I'm headed for town this afternoon as there are a couple of errands that I need to do prior to getting ready to take off next week. That shouldn't take more than a couple of hours though so I expect to be back sometime in the late afternoon. Still looking for some time to work on the truck a little bit to get it ready to go. Otherwise, life is good again and it is nice to be looking out on a beautiful day.  




*

No comments:

Post a Comment